“Young people must say to the world: to follow Christ is good; to go with Christ is good; the message of Christ is good; emerging from ourselves, to the ends of the earth and of existence, to take Jesus there, is good! Three points, then: joy, Cross, young people.
(Pope Francis, Palm Sunday 2013)
These are the words with which Pope Francis invited young people from around the world to attend the next World Youth Day, which will take place in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, from 25 to 28 July 2013.
The previous week, there will be meetings and preparatory activities in all the Brazilian dioceses.Many groups of the Community of Sant'Egidio, especially from Europe and Latin America, are getting ready for this important event.
WYD 2013 program (official website)
Inside the WYD program, Sant'Egidio will give life to some meetings, exhibitions and moments of prayer.
Program of activities of Sant'Egidio:
- Evening prayer of the Community of Sant'Egidio
- Prayer in the Tent of Adoration 16 Campus Fidei, July 27
- Thematic meetings and videos:
- Making peace: the work of reconciliation and dialogue of the Community of Sant'Egidio.
- " Touching the flesh of Christ'' (Pope Francis). The Community of Sant'Egidio and the poor.
- The contemporary martyrs: stories and messages of witnesses of the Christian faith in the world.
- '' Creating a culture of encounter with our faith "(Pope Francis). Sant'Egidio and thedialogue between religions.
- Participation of a band of Sant'Egidio at the Festival da Joventude
- Permanent photographic exhibition