On November 29th in Rome, a significant event takes place: "Cities for Life - Cities Against the Death Penalty", an initiative dedicated to the campaign for the abolition of capital punishment worldwide.
The International Conference will be held at 5 PM in the Protomoteca Hall in Campidoglio, a symbolic setting to dialogue on globally crucial issues. This event represents a unique opportunity to listen to and interact with personalities who all share a common commitment to the abolition of the death penalty.
The programme includes speeches by:
- Roberto Gualtieri, Mayor of Rome
- Mario Marazziti, Community of Sant’Egidio
- Emile G. R. Nakombo, Mayor of Bangui – Central African Republic
- Fatime Zara Douga, Mayor of Ndjamena – Chad
- Gary Drinkard, exonerated from death row in Alabama – USA
- Suzana Norlihan Binti Alias, anti-death penalty activist – Malaysia
The event will be live-streamed on this website and our social media channels.